New Conservative stands for:
- A belief in loyalty to a sovereign and united New Zealand, the supremacy of democratic parliamentary institutions, and the rule of law.
- A belief in the institutions of Parliament and the right of citizens to direct government by the democratic process, including binding citizens-initiated referenda.
- A belief in the equality of all New Zealanders and that all citizens, regardless of race, gender or religion, have equal rights and privileges.
- A belief in a decent society that values life, individual privacy, the freedom of the individual (including freedom of speech, conscience, faith and assembly), the right to defend one’s self and property, and the importance of family.
- A belief that it is the responsibility of individuals to provide for themselves, their families and their dependants, while recognising that government must respond to those who require assistance and compassion.
Now you know our values, how do yours line up with ours?
Have a look at the questions in the brochure below and see if you agree or disagree with us.
If you agree with more than 50% of our values, then you may want to consider voting for us, particularly if those which you hold most dear are not supported by any of the current parties in government.
We need your help! Join us here.