New Conservative is committed to unified communities that will be made safer, healthier, and stronger through priority being given to what unites us and encourages respect towards our differences.
New Zealanders are united in our expectation that our government will provide:
- good education for our children
- affordable and accessible healthcare
- protection from the impacts of crime
- opportunity to be able to provide for ourselves and our families
- support and security for our most vulnerable citizens
- freedoms to live our lives without unreasonable interference where these freedoms do not adversely impact the quality of life for others
- assurance that all citizens will be treated equally before the law, regardless of ethnicity, gender, age, or religion.
New Conservative holds that New Zealanders are one people, and will ensure that we all have our rights represented equally regardless of ethnicity, gender, age or religion. “All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.” (Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights)
We will recognise and ensure support is given based on need, with the greatest need enjoying the greatest benefit. We will not predetermine policy assuming that all persons of a particular ethnicity, gender, age or religion, have a greater need than others.
It is important for New Zealand to be forward focused, free, fair, and flourishing. Investing in the family unit, requiring individual responsibility and accountability, and encouraging unity based on mutual respect, are the priorities of New Conservative in building healthy communities.
New Conservative believes that the Treaty of Waitangi (Te Tiriti o Waitangi) ensures the same rights and privileges are available for everyone.
Legal and property rights in New Zealand must be based on citizenship, not ethnicity.