New Zealand is a generous society and New Conservative will work to protect people’s charitable initiatives and activity.
New Conservative will:
- encourage charitable activities.
- protect schools/marketplaces/groups fundraising from unnecessary bureaucracy.
- amend legislation to protect volunteers from prosecution under the health and safety, except in cases of criminal activity or gross negligence.
- review the charities commission to ensure that the board uses clear and impartial objectives in determining the status of organisations/groups.
- apply normal corporate tax rules when a charitable enterprise engages in commercial activity in competition with other businesses.