Ted is married with eight adult children. He is Kiwi, Samoan. He is Catholic. He was raised in Otara from 1961, and lived there for most of his life.He was educated in. Otara, Papatoetoe and at Auckland Grammar School.
Ted works as a Criminal Barrister, and has been practicing mainly in South Auckland for almost 30 years. He has degrees in Law, Psychology and Cellular and Molecular Biology (LLB, BA, BSc) from Auckland University.
He lived in the Outback of Australia, and was in Norforce 7MD army reserves. He has also lived in England and Samoa. After returning to New Zealand, he became involved in the Otara and South Auckland community, including three years on the Otara Community Board, and as Chair of the PI Advisory committee to the Manukau city council, Deputy Chair of Hillary and Tangaroa College Boards of Trustees, councillor on the Auckland District Law Society and currently councillor on the New Zealand Law Society ( Auckland Branch). .
His main concerns are :
- Changes over the last 10 or more years especially have tripled our prison population, but have done little to reduce crime as the courts are overrun.
- Improving the accountability of government to the people.
- A strong economy.
- Protection of traditional kiwi family values, and the value of human life.
- The protection of our rights and freedoms and democracy.
- Fixing the increasing cost of housing and the way that drives poverty.
- The need for education and opportunities for our children in lower socio-economic areas.
Ted strives to help our people achieve a better life for us and for our children.
He wants your helps so that we have a voice in parliament, and make NZ the best it can be.
You can follow Ted on Twitter.